Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Pat Ryan <pr...@cardean.edu> on 2002/09/20 21:15:43 UTC

Tomcat session replication and jetspeed/turbine

Hi Everyone,

I was reading the following article:
http://www.theserverside.com/resources/article.jsp?l=Tomcat and thought
this would be an interesting exercise to get this working with
Jetspeed.  I did not getting it working for a number of reasons ( some
jetspeed, some tomcat versions, etc ) but it did bring to mind a couple
of questions ( you will probaby need to read the article first ):

1) It seems like this would work for Jetspeed provided the psml files
were kept in the database.  Does anyone know of any other reason why
this might not work?

2) The mechanism relies on the fact that anything put into the session
is Serializable, which I have come to find out Jetspeed / Turbine does
not do.  Given that Tomcat 4 supports persistent sessions, I was
wondering if the group has given any thought on making any Jetspeed
/Turbine session variables Serializable?

3) Does anyone have any opinion on using JavaGroups or JINI for the
session replication?

Thanks in advance.

Pat