Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2010/10/14 21:00:17 UTC

ApacheCon2010NA Meetup / Connector Performance

Re: ApacheCon2010NA Meetup / Connector Performance

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: ApacheCon2010NA Meetup / Connector Performance

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
> I'm about to have another baby, though.

Congrats.

>>> But, if there's interest, I'll get off my butt and show some purty
>>> pitchers at the meetup.
>
>> I'd like to see. I think the discussion around the results could be very
>> interesting.
>
> Note to self: bring body armor.
>
> Seriously, though, I'm not prepared to do a formal presentation -
> especially because I have no idea what materials will be available
> (electricity?) at the meetup. What I am prepared to do is show up with a
> few hard copies of my raw data and graphs to circulate. Paper rarely
> experiences technical difficulties.

Last time there was a projector but I don't know what we'll get this
time. You plan sounds fine to me. The meet-up is meant to be informal.

Mark

Re: ApacheCon2010NA Meetup / Connector Performance

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: ApacheCon2010NA Meetup / Connector Performance

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
> All,
>
> Is there any interest in my (finally) presenting my performance data for
> Tomcat connectors versus Apache httpd at the conference meetup?
>
> I'd have to repeat my tests (my data is for 6.0.20 and we're on 6.0.29,
> now) plus add some stuff like "static data via mod_jk" just for a point
> of comparison to see what kind of overhead mod_jk adds to the mix.
>
> That kind means a pain in my arse with about 15 days to get it done.

15 days? That's loads of time. (Note to self - must think about writing
my presentations...).

Posted by msacks <nt...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Wesley Acheson <we...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.

Posted by János Löbb <ja...@yale.edu>.
On Oct 14, 2010, at 3:00 PM, Christopher Schultz wrote:

Chris,

Can You post that also here on this list ?

Thanks ahead,

János