Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Andreas Guther <An...@markettools.com> on 2007/01/14 03:40:57 UTC

How to remove a hanging build process

Hi,

We are using Continuum 1.0.3.

I have a build task that is hanging somehow now for several days.  The
delete icon is disabled and I cannot find a way to either kill or remove
the task from the builds.

Is there a way to get rid of this task?

Andreas

RE: How to remove a hanging build process

Posted by "Krishnaiah, Shankar" <Sh...@Travelex.com>.
Guys,

Sometimes continuum seems to have problems with a particular build, but
never fails and therefore never restarts.

Since continuum 1.0.3 has no concept of stopping a build, only deletion
of a project, the only way to force a build to restart is to delete it
from continuum's internal database.

Currently we have continuum configured to run using the embedded derby
database with "sa" user. This database only allows one connection at a
time, so you need to stop the continuum server before you can connect
with an SQL client.

Ensure the continuum server is stopped if you want to attempt to run the
SQL client below

We have also installed SquirrelSQL as SQL Client which should connect to
the derby database.

Fire up squirrel via the squirrel-sql.bat file you should connect to the
continuum database.

Go to the "sa" user node and drill into TABLE -> BUILDRESULT

click the sql tab and delete from BUILDRESULT and execute

That will clear up your hanging builds and other results too.

If you want to remove a particular project build you can select the
project id and use it in the "where" clause.

Then disconnect from derby and exit squirrel client.

Re-start continuum.

Regards,
Shankar

--
Thanks and best regards,
Anoop

RE: How to remove a hanging build process

--
Thanks and best regards,
Anoop

Re: How to remove a hanging build process

Posted by Anoop kumar V <an...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks and best regards,
Anoop