Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Pardeep Ruhil <Pa...@lntinfotech.com> on 2009/12/02 12:54:14 UTC

Doubt regarding RMI Settings in jndi.properties file.

Hi,
I have some doubts regarding  # RMI Setting
java.naming.factory.initial=com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContextFactory in jndi.properties file.
1.  What is the purpose of this line?
       As when I comment this line nothing happens. My application runs fine.
2.  In which scenarios this comes into picture ?
3.  If I want to use another service provider , which uses the same key name i.e. (java.naming.factory.initial)
      in this jndi.properties file and commented the above (java.naming.factory.initial = com.sun.jndi.rmi.registry.RegistryContextFactory), at what point this will
      lead me to problem.

Thanks & Regards
Pradeep Ruhil

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient (s) If you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from your system.