Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Michael Maluck <ti...@gmx.de> on 2002/09/14 12:16:52 UTC

sql transformer question & namespace for esql/sql

Hello all,

please look at the example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<page xmlns:sql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0">

  <execute-query xmlns="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0">
    <query>
      select name from users
    </query>
  </execute-query>

</page>

using the sql transformer with right parameters in the sitemap
i get this result:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<page>
  <rowset xmlns="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0"
          xmlns:sql="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0" nrofrows="1">
    <row>
      <name> ... correct data ... </name>
    </row>
  </rowset>
</page>

but if i remove the definition of the xmlns:sql namespace as attribute
of the page-tag in the source then i get this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<page>
  <xmlns="http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/2.0" 1="1">
    <>
      <> ... correct data ... </>
    </>
  </>
</page>

This means, the tag names are missing. I think normally i don't have to
define the xmlns:sql in my source page as it is not used there.

---

Btw. the difference in the namespace of esql and sql seems to be that the first
uses ".../v2" and the latter ".../2.0". This can be a bit confusing sometimes.
Maybe someone could change "http://apache.org/cocoon/SQL/v2" to
"http://apache.org/cocoon/ESQL/v2".

---

Please correct me if I am wrong.