Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Ray Clouse <cl...@simsg1.lgb.cal.boeing.com> on 2003/01/28 18:31:17 UTC

exception in JApplet w/ SAX

I found a couple of examples of the SAX parser, and I get them to work just
fine.  But then when I put the appropriate code in my applet, I get this
exception:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/xerces/parsers/SAXParser
	at tower$ReadWindSocket.run(tower.java:198)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)

The line it's "excepting" on is the first one:

	    XMLReader parser = new org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser();
	    ContentHandler handler = new MyContentHandler();
            parser.setContentHandler(handler);
	    parser.parse(line);

This code is inside the run() of a thread (Runnable).

I have my CLASS_PATH defined correctly:

CLASSPATH=.:/usr1/people/clouse/public_html/xml/lib/xerces.jar:/usr1/people/clouse/public_html/xml/lib/rt.jar:/usr1/people/clouse/public_html/ptplot52/ptolemy/plot/plotmlapplet.jar:/usr1/people/clouse/public_html/xml/lib/rt.jar
Actually, it's a bit kludgy.  There's got to be a better way than to have to
explicitly list each and every jar file I need to use.

Again, this exact same code is from a regular Java application and it
definately works.  I hope someone out there has seen this before and can
help!  TIA.

Ray Clouse
STICS Lab
ray.clouse AT boeing.com			Don't fear the penguins.
clouse AT rayclouse.org