Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Scott Morris <sm...@Gridnet.com> on 2000/05/10 21:29:00 UTC

RE: Is it possible..yes

Thanks, that worked great...
Except when I run tomcat.sh it shuts down all the instances of tomcat.....
Time for a new box to test on, methinks....
Scott Morris

Posted by Steve Ruby <st...@rubysolutions.com>.
hmm..

I've definately got two running
#1 ajp12 on 8007 no http (mod_jserv in apache using 8007)
#2 ajp12 on 8117, http on 8081

Can star and stop them completely independatnly with ./bin/starup.sh
and ./bin/shutdown.sh in the appropriate directories

The shutdown request appears to be sent to the tomcat socket
so it should only shutdown the version on the port in server.xml

For example if I start a tomcat on port 8117 and then change server.xml
to read 8017 ./bin/shutdown.sh thows an exception, it won't stop
any of them...