Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Brendan cheng <cc...@hotmail.com> on 2011/08/30 09:56:24 UTC

Property elements cannot have a namespace prefix

Hi,
I got the error message:
"Property elements cannot have a namespace prefix"
which I follow exactly from Stock tracker example. my code in bxml file is
<gui:iTagsWindow title="%itagswindow" maximized="true"
	xmlns:bxml="http://pivot.apache.org/bxml"
	xmlns:content="org.apache.pivot.wtk.content"
    xmlns:gui="hk.itags.gui"
    xmlns="org.apache.pivot.wtk">
</gui:itagsWindow>
why the complier give me this error?
Thanks in advance!
Brendan

Re: Property elements cannot have a namespace prefix

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.
Brendan,

http://pivot.apache.org/tutorials/bxml-primer.html

I think the problem is because the name of your custom class starts
with a lower case letter.  BXMLSerializer will think 'iTagsWindow' is
a bean property.

If you change 'iTagsWindow' to 'ITagsWindow', then BXMLSerializer will
know to create an instance of that class (because it starts with a
capital letter).

(Also in the code you posted, the opening and closing tags don't match
- but that is probably just a typo in the email)
<gui:iTagsWindow>
</gui:itagsWindow>

Chris