Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Mikko Harjula <Mi...@sqc.fi> on 2000/11/15 11:33:21 UTC

strange apache behavior w. Embperl and multilang support

I have 'fi' and 'en' set as preferred laguages.  I have code in
menu.epl.en and emacs backup in menu.epl.en~, no other menu.epl*
files exist.

I try to fetch a page http://phi.sqc/new/menu.epl?a=a and instead of
displaying the page netscape prompts with a "save as" dialog box
saying content type as "application/x-httpd-cgi"!  If I save it to a
file it contains the emacs backup file.

The problem goes away if I do any one of the following:

- take away the "?a=a" from the request
- delete the menu.epl.en~ file
- change epl to html (of course the embperl code stops working)
- don't use multilang support, i.e. rename menu.epl.en to menu.epl

What seems to happen is that when trying to locate the best language
match Apache prefers the menu.epl.en~ over the menu.epl.en (but only
with non .html files and with ?a=a arguments) and failes to match the
.epl to type text/html.

My apache config has:

AddLanguage en .en
AddLanguage fr .fr