Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by cbu <ch...@puma.com> on 2007/01/19 20:04:55 UTC

Network of Brokers - publishing on broker x - consuming on broker 1...n

Hello,

I think I've read that quite a few people did have problems to setup a
network of brokers where you can publish on publishing on broker x but
consume the message on broker 1...n.

As an example:
- publish on broker 2 a message on a topic
- consume the message from broker 1-9

As additional information:
- I setup such a broker network.
- I can see in the log files the brokers connecting to each other
- I can see in the log file connecting the clients to the assigned brokers
- I did set on the network connector the prefech=1, dynamiconly=false,
networkTTL=99, bridgeTempDestinations=true, failover=true

STILL: I can reveice the message JUST on the broker I published the message.

Any hint ...

-- Chris

Re: [Spam: 5.0] Network of Brokers - publishing on broker x - consuming on broker 1...n

Posted by Mathulan <ma...@gmail.com>.
Well I was expecting the same. And the queue/topic length gets updated on B
as soon as a publisher send the message on A. but there is no update on C.
And the consumer/subs doesn't get the message on C.

Posted by cbu <ch...@puma.com>.
Hello,

Posted by Mathulan <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,

Re: Network of Brokers - publishing on broker x - consuming on broker 1...n

Posted by cbu <ch...@puma.com>.

Posted by Marlon Santos <ms...@exist.com>.
HI,

Posted by Kit Plummer <ki...@gmail.com>.
Are all brokers named something different?

Posted by cbu <ch...@puma.com>.
Hello,

might be - but should a  "strictOrderDispatchPolicy" not just simply ensure
the order of the received messages to be consumed also in that order no
matter whether it's one or more consumers?

- C.

Posted by elliottjf <jf...@pobox.com>.

Posted by cbu <ch...@puma.com>.
NEW FINDING!!!!!