Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jim Dow <jd...@zloop.com> on 2007/04/10 19:08:13 UTC

Any Parm Substituion Ideas...

I really like the flexibility of naming request handlers to append general constraints / filters.

Has anyone spun thoughts around something like a "solr.ParmSubstHandler" or any way to pass maybe a special
ps=0:discussions; ps=1:images; ps=2:false

<requestHandler name="partitioned" class="solr.ParmSubstHandler" >
    <lst name="defaults">

    <lst name="appends">
      <str name="fq">category:[0]</str>
      <str name="fq">category:[1]</str>
      <str name="fq">isadmin:[2]</str>
    </lst>
</requestHandler>

This may be inappropriate for building into SOLR; I'm not sure, but I'm looking at techniques to round out the appends to be even more flexible.

If there is interest and it makes sense to a wider audience, maybe I should try my hand at it.

Thanks...Jim Dow.

Re: Any Parm Substituion Ideas...

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
I'm not certain that i understand exactly what you are describing, but
there was some discussion a while back that may be similar...

...there's not a lot in the issue itself, but the linked discussion may be
fruitful for you.

if what you are describing is the same thing then i certianly think it
would be a handy addition to SolrQueryParser and the core request
handlers.

: Has anyone spun thoughts around something like a "solr.ParmSubstHandler" or any way to pass maybe a special
: ps=0:discussions; ps=1:images; ps=2:false

-Hoss