Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by themitchy <mi...@sophos.com> on 2009/09/03 01:42:47 UTC

Rendezvous Discovery broadcasting on non-standard name

So I realise that AMQ broadcasts on _default.ActiveMQ-4.  and the java
libraries discover it just fine.  However, to any other Bonjour client this
will be invisible since it's missing the protocol and domain (ie.
_default.ActiveMQ-4._tcp.local).  Is there any way to adjust it so it's a
'real' Bonjour naming scheme?  I really don't want to have to hack out a
non-compliant Bonjour module to get discovery working.

I'm in a perl environment so "just use the java modules" isn't really an
option.  I've tried Net::Bonjour but it's disappointingly compliant to the
Bonjour specs.

Thanks,

Mitch