Posted to dev@falcon.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2014/10/30 07:47:18 UTC

[VOTE] Graduation of Apache Falcon (take 2)

Hi all,

Following the previous cancelled vote, please vote for this new
graduation resolution. I updated the Falcon description in the graduation.
As soon as this vote passes, I will forward to the General Incubator
mailing list (for IPMC binding vote).

The vote is open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Graduate Apache Falcon
[ ] +0 Don't care.
[ ] -1 Don't graduate Apache Falcon because.. .

Regards
JB

---- resolution

WHEREAS, the Board of Directors deems it to be in the best interests of
the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's purpose to establish
a Project Management Committee charged with the creation and maintenance
of open-source software, for distribution at no charge to the public,
related to Big Data management platform covering data pipelines, data
motion, data lifecycle management, data discovery & governance

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED, that a Project Management Committee
(PMC), to be known as the "Apache Falcon Project", be and hereby is
established pursuant to Bylaws of the Foundation; and be it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Falcon Project be and hereby is responsible
for the creation and maintenance of software related to interactive
analysis of large-scale datasets; and be it further RESOLVED, that the
office of "Vice President, Apache Falcon" be and hereby is created, the
person holding such office to serve at the direction of the Board of
Directors as the chair of the Apache Falcon Project, and to have primary
responsibility for management of the projects within the scope of
responsibility of the Apache Falcon Project; and be it further RESOLVED,
that the persons listed immediately below be and hereby are appointed to
serve as the initial members of the Apache Falcon Project:

* Srikanth Sundarrajan <sriksun at apache dot org>
* Venkatesh Seetharam <venkatesh at apache dot org>
* Shwetha GS <shwethags at apache dot org>
* Shaik Idris <shaikidris at apache dot org>
* Sanjay Radia <sanjay at apache dot org>
* Sharad Agarwal <sharad at apache dot org>
* Amareshwari SR <amareshwari at apache dot org>
* Samarth Gupta <samarthg at apache dot org>
* Rishu Mehrothra <rishumehrothra at apache dot org>
* Arpit Gupta <arpit at apache dot org>
* Suhas Vasu <suhas.vasu at apache dot org>
* Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jbonofre at apache dot org>
* Ruslan Ostafiychuk <rostafiychuk at apache dot org>
* Raghav Kumar Gautam <raghav at apache dot org>

NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Srikanth Sundarrajan be
appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Falcon, to serve in
accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors
and the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement,
removal or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be
it further

RESOLVED, that the Apache Falcon Project be and hereby is tasked with
the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator Falcon
podling; and be it further

RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
Falcon podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator Project are
hereafter discharged.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Falcon (take 2)

Posted by "Arun C. Murthy" <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Arun

—
Sent from my iPhone

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Falcon (take 2)

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

--
http://hortonworks.com/download/

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Fwd: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Falcon (take 2)

Posted by Shwetha GS <sh...@inmobi.com>.
Please vote for the graduation of Falcon from Apache Incubator Project to
Apache Top-Level Project

> [...]
> > * Suhas Vasu <suhas.vasu at apache dot org>
> > * Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jbonofre at apache dot org>
> > * Ruslan Ostafiychuk <rostafiychuk at apache dot org>
> > * Raghav Kumar Gautam <raghav at apache dot org>
> >

> > NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Srikanth Sundarrajan be
> appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Falcon, to serve in
> accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors and
> the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal
> or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that the Apache Falcon Project be and hereby is tasked with
> the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator Falcon podling;
> and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
> > Falcon podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator Project are

receipt.

Re: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Falcon (take 2)

Posted by Satish Mittal <sa...@inmobi.com>.
+1

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 5:52 PM, samar <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
> > The information contained in this communication is intended solely for
> the
> > use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others
> > authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential or legally
> privileged
> > information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby
> notified
> > that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in
> reliance
> > on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be
> > unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify
> > us immediately by responding to this email and then delete it from your
> > system. The firm is neither liable for the proper and complete
> transmission
> > of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in

receipt.

RE: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Falcon (take 2)

Posted by Sunil N Kumar <su...@impetus.co.in>.
+1

Thanks and Regard.
Sunil Kumar

________________________________

Re: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Falcon (take 2)

Posted by samar <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Shwetha GS <sh...@inmobi.com>.
+1

wrote:

> [...]
> > * Suhas Vasu <suhas.vasu at apache dot org>
> > * Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jbonofre at apache dot org>
> > * Ruslan Ostafiychuk <rostafiychuk at apache dot org>
> > * Raghav Kumar Gautam <raghav at apache dot org>
> >

> > NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Srikanth Sundarrajan be
> appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Falcon, to serve in
> accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors and
> the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal
> or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that the Apache Falcon Project be and hereby is tasked with
> the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator Falcon podling;
> and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
> > Falcon podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator Project are

receipt.

Re: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Falcon (take 2)

Posted by Srikanth Sundarrajan <sr...@hotmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Suhas Vasu <su...@inmobi.com>.
+1

Regards,
Suhas V

On Sun, Nov 2, 2014 at 5:40 AM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>
wrote:

> [...]
> > * Suhas Vasu <suhas.vasu at apache dot org>
> > * Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jbonofre at apache dot org>
> > * Ruslan Ostafiychuk <rostafiychuk at apache dot org>
> > * Raghav Kumar Gautam <raghav at apache dot org>
> >

> > NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Srikanth Sundarrajan be
> appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Falcon, to serve in
> accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors and
> the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal
> or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that the Apache Falcon Project be and hereby is tasked with
> the migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator Falcon podling;
> and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
> > Falcon podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator Project are

receipt.

Re: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Falcon (take 2)

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@apache.org>.
+1!

Posted by Naresh Agarwal <na...@inmobi.com>.
+1

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 12:24 PM, Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
> > * Raghav Kumar Gautam <raghav at apache dot org>
> >

> > NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Srikanth Sundarrajan be
> > appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Falcon, to serve in
> > accordance with and subject to the direction of the Board of Directors
> and
> > the Bylaws of the Foundation until death, resignation, retirement,
> removal
> > or disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that the Apache Falcon Project be and hereby is tasked with the
> > migration and rationalization of the Apache Incubator Falcon podling;
> and be
> > it further
> >
> > RESOLVED, that all responsibilities pertaining to the Apache Incubator
> > Falcon podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator Project are hereafter

receipt.

Re: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Falcon (take 2)

Posted by Chris Douglas <cd...@apache.org>.
+1 -C

Posted by Sharad Agarwal <sh...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Ajay Yadav <aj...@gmail.com>.
+1

Cheers
Ajay Yadava

Posted by Samarth Gupta <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by pavan kumar Kolamuri <pa...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
K Pavan Kumar
M.Tech CSE final year

Re: [VOTE] Graduation of Apache Falcon (take 2)

Posted by Amareshwari Sriramdasu <am...@apache.org>.
+1

Thanks
Amareshwari

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
My bad,

let me update the resolution (without cancelling this vote).

Regards
JB

Posted by Srikanth Sundarrajan <sr...@hotmail.com>.

RE: [RESULT][VOTE] Graduation of Apache Falcon (take 2)

Posted by Srikanth Sundarrajan <sr...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Jean, For the records here is the list of folks who voted and their votes.

Total of 13 binding +1 votes and 8 non-binding +1 votes, with no 0 or -1 votes.

Binding
----------
Jean-Baptiste Onofre (IPMC)
Chris Douglas (IPMC)