Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Timothy Aston <Ti...@ca.ibm.com> on 2009/12/02 15:19:47 UTC

Publishing a module with no artifacts

I'm a little unclear on exactly how this is supposed to work.  I have a
module that essentially is just a container for several sub-modules.  I
have made each sub-module a dependency, so that when you get the parent
module, you get all its children.  The parent module itself has no
artifacts, but all the children do.

The only way I've been able to get this to work is to first make an
<ivy:resolve /> call before my <ivy:publish />, and the publish call must
have haltonmissing="false" to work.  Is this the correct way to go about
it?  It seems a bit messy turning off haltonmissing, since the artifacts
aren't missing they just aren't supposed to exist.  And having to call
resolve first takes extra time as it also resolves all the sub-modules
dependencies (of which there are many).

Am I going about this the right way?

-Tim

Re: Publishing a module with no artifacts

Posted by Timothy Aston <Ti...@ca.ibm.com>.
I do indeed have that.

It turns out that cleaning out my cache resolved the need for
"haltonmissing".  I guess through my messing around I managed to get
something bogus in there.

-Tim

|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Tim Brown <tp...@gmail.com>                                                                                                                     |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |"ivy-user@ant.apache.org" <iv...@ant.apache.org>                                                                                               |
|------------>
| Date:      |
  |12/02/2009 11:05 AM                                                                                                                               |
| Subject:   |
  |Re: Publishing a module with no artifacts                                                                                                         |

Have you tried an empty publications element?

<publications/>

Posted by Tim Brown <tp...@gmail.com>.