Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by KC Berg <KB...@latis.com> on 2002/02/20 16:42:01 UTC

RE: How to access a remote file?

Your instance of tomcat needs to run as a user that has permissions to
access that network drive. In typical cases you want to create a windows
domain user for tomcat and let your server to run as that user. This will
allow you to configure permissions for that instance of tomcat. There are
other ways to do this but this is by far the best because you don't have to
set up explicit machine shares for the system that tomcat is on.