Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by PengHui Li <pe...@apache.org> on 2020/11/23 00:31:53 UTC

[VOTE] Pulsar Release 2.7.0 Candidate 1

This is the first release candidate for Apache Pulsar, version 2.7.0.

It fixes the following
issues:https://github.com/apache/pulsar/milestone/28?closed=1

*** Please download, test and vote on this release. This vote will stay open
for at least 72 hours ***

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag), binaries are provided for
convenience.

Source and binary
files:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/pulsar/pulsar-2.7.0-candidate-1/

SHA-1 checksums:

dd30d80a7c2e51380e12d45c2dffbcd4ff751981  apache-pulsar-2.7.0-bin.tar.gz
bf5a674fb74d3b569e575942fb42e2c0661a5497  apache-pulsar-2.7.0-src.tar.gz

Maven staging repo:https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachepulsar-1073/

The tag to be voted upon:
v2.7.0-candidate-1
(72b9f5d96ca19c358afd83952eed7ab7ebe61e5d)https://github.com/apache/pulsar/releases/tag/v2.7.0-candidate-1

Pulsar's KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the
release:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/pulsar/KEYS

Please download the the source package, and follow the README to build
and run the Pulsar standalone service.

Re: [VOTE] Pulsar Release 2.7.0 Candidate 1

Posted by 丛搏 <co...@gmail.com>.
+1 (no-binding)

- Validate Connectors
- Validate Pub/Sub and Java Functions
- Validate Stateful Functions

Thanks,
Bo Cong

Posted by PengHui Li <co...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nozomi,

Can we move this fix to 2.6.3 or 2.7.1? We will release 2.6.3 after 2.7.0 release soon.

Thanks,
Penghui

Penghui

Posted by Yong Zhang <zh...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by PengHui Li <co...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Enrico.

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by PengHui Li <co...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Enrico,

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
+0 (non-binding)

Posted by Shusuke Tsuda <sh...@yahoo-corp.jp>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by PengHui Li <co...@gmail.com>.
Cancel the Candidate 1, Please do not vote under this email thread. I will start Candidate 2 as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Penghui

Penghui

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
@PengHui Li <co...@gmail.com> Can you cancel this RC vote?

Posted by PengHui Li <co...@gmail.com>.

Posted by xiaolong ran <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Hiroyuki Sakai <hs...@yahoo-corp.jp>.
+1 (binding)

 - check signatures/checksums
 - Validate Pub/Sub and Java Functions
 - Validate Stateful Functions

Regards,
Hiroyuki

________________________________

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Enrico,

This is a good suggestion. Currently, every release includes both release
notes and a blog post. But they are not included in the voting process.

Since it requires a change to the current release process. I'd defer it to
a formal discussion after 2.7.0 on how to improve the release process.

At the same time, Penghui can provide the pull requests on the release
notes and the blog post.

- Sijie

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,