Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Rohan A Ambasta <ro...@in.ibm.com> on 2011/11/29 13:15:47 UTC

Error while re-indexing - cannot overwrite 0.fdt

Hi,

I get the error - "Cannot Overwrite 0.fdt" when I start indexing.

Detail TestCase -

1) Performing indexing for the first time work fine.
2) Then I do search and I get the search results
3) After search, If I again start indexing I get the error - "Cannot
overwrite 0.fdt"

Has anybody faced such error before? How can I resolve this error?

Thanks,
Rohan Ambasta

Re: Error while re-indexing - cannot overwrite 0.fdt

Posted by Ian Lea <ia...@gmail.com>.
Close the first index writer?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=lucene+Cannot+overwrite+%22_0.fdt%22+file

If you can't find the answer and need to post again, include as a
minimum details of the OS and lucene version that you are using.

--
Ian.