Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by grayaii <al...@inin.com> on 2013/06/24 14:35:31 UTC

Determine when ZooKeeper Instance is in-sync

How do you determine when a follower has finished syncing all its data?
For instance, if your data dir is huge, it will take some time for the data
transfer to complete.
How do you know when it has finished?
Thanks!

Re: Determine when ZooKeeper Instance is in-sync

Posted by Brian Tarbox <br...@gmail.com>.
You might also want to look at https://github.com/phunt/zktop   which is
basically "top" for zk.   Very helpful

http://about.me/BrianTarbox

Re: Determine when ZooKeeper Instance is in-sync

Posted by grayaii <al...@inin.com>.

Posted by Martin Kou <bi...@gmail.com>.
Try telnet'ing to the ZooKeeper server and run the 'stat' command there.
It'll tell you whether it's ready serving request or not.

Best Regards,
Martin Kou