Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de> on 2003/03/03 00:14:55 UTC

JDK dependent files

Hi all,
do we have a policy how to name and where to store JDK dependent
source files?
The PDF encryption needs some stuff from 1.4 (would be nice if
someone knowledgable in the XML security project checked if there
are replacements). In order to compile FOP with 1.3, we need a
stub file (even if encryption were stuffed in via a filter
configuration, because of the command line options).

How should the files be named? Where should they be stored in order
to avoid them being picked up inappropriately by the build process?

We could
1. have a jdk1.3 and a jdk 1.4 directory below src, followd by the usual
    org.apache....FileName.jave, exclude these dirs from build/copy and
    conditionally copy the right files into the build tree
2. have a {jkd1.3|jdk1.4}/FileName.java below the package subdir and
    exclude **/jdk*/** from build/copy (does this work?)
3. store the files elsewhere.

Once we have a policy, I'll convert the stuff currently filtered
to conditionally included classes too, it's easy.

J.Pietschmann

Re: JDK dependent files

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Remember? We started that discussion back in September already.

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-dev&m=103184894313686&w=2

Additional comments below...

On 03.03.2003 00:14:55 J.Pietschmann wrote:
> Hi all,
> do we have a policy how to name and where to store JDK dependent
> source files?
> The PDF encryption needs some stuff from 1.4 (would be nice if
> someone knowledgable in the XML security project checked if there
> are replacements). In order to compile FOP with 1.3, we need a
> stub file (even if encryption were stuffed in via a filter
> configuration, because of the command line options).
>
> How should the files be named? Where should they be stored in order
> to avoid them being picked up inappropriately by the build process?
>
> We could
> 1. have a jdk1.3 and a jdk 1.4 directory below src, followd by the usual
>     org.apache....FileName.jave, exclude these dirs from build/copy and
>     conditionally copy the right files into the build tree

Something along these lines, +1. I'd like the following:

src/java (Still pending, guys!)
src/java-1.3
src/java-1.4

> 2. have a {jkd1.3|jdk1.4}/FileName.java below the package subdir and
>     exclude **/jdk*/** from build/copy (does this work?)

Works for Ant but not for IDEs without Ant support or with Ant disabled.
-1

> 3. store the files elsewhere.

where? I don't really have a better idea than (1).

> Once we have a policy, I'll convert the stuff currently filtered
> to conditionally included classes too, it's easy.

Jeremias Maerki

RE: JDK dependent files

Posted by Bernard D'Have <bd...@wanadoo.be>.
as a replacment ,may be http://www.bouncycastle.org/