Posted to announce@apache.org by Pengcheng Xiong <px...@apache.org> on 2017/07/19 00:49:19 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 2.3.0 Released

The Apache Hive team is proud to announce the release of Apache Hive
version 2.3.0.

The Apache Hive (TM) data warehouse software facilitates querying and
managing large datasets residing in distributed storage. Built on top
of Apache Hadoop (TM), it provides, among others:

* Tools to enable easy data extract/transform/load (ETL)

* A mechanism to impose structure on a variety of data formats

* Access to files stored either directly in Apache HDFS (TM) or in other
  data storage systems such as Apache HBase (TM)

* Query execution via Apache Hadoop MapReduce and Apache Tez frameworks.

For Hive release details and downloads, please
visit:https://hive.apache.org/downloads.html

Hive 2.3.0 Release Notes are available here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12340269&styleName=Text&projectId=12310843

We would like to thank the many contributors who made this release
possible.

Regards,

The Apache Hive Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Hive 2.3.0 Released

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations to all who contributed to release 2.3.0!

A few jiras still need to be documented in the wiki:

   1. HIVE-14233 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-14233>  Improve
   vectorization for ACID by eliminating row-by-row stitching  (Saket Saurabh)
   2. HIVE-15207 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-15207>  Implement
   a capability to detect incorrect sequence numbers  (Aihua Xu)
   3. HIVE-15434 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-15434>  Add
   UDF to allow interrogation of uniontype values  (David Maughan)
   4. HIVE-15805 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-15805>  Some
   minor improvement on the validation tool  (Aihua Xu)
   5. HIVE-15880 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-15880>  Allow
   insert overwrite and truncate table query to use auto.purge table property
    (Vihang Karajgaonkar)
   6. HIVE-16072 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-16072>  LLAP:
   Add some additional jvm metrics for hadoop-metrics2  (Prasanth Jayachandran)
   7. HIVE-16260 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-16260>  Remove
   parallel edges of semijoin with map joins.  (Deepak Jaiswal)
   8. HIVE-16274 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-16274>  Support
   tuning of NDV of columns using lower/upper bounds  (Pengcheng Xiong)
   9. HIVE-16321 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-16321>  Possible
   deadlock in metastore with Acid enabled  (Eugene Koifman)

In honor of the Tour de France, everyone who documents one of these jiras
within one week qualifies as a member of the peloton
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_stage#Bicycle_race_stage>.  Don't get
left behind!  Here's how to get permission to edit the wiki
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/AboutThisWiki#AboutThisWiki-Howtogetpermissiontoedit>
.

-- Lefty