Posted to dev@devicemap.apache.org by Reza Naghibi <re...@apache.org> on 2015/08/05 19:13:17 UTC

Partition agreement (was: FYI... 2.0 attribute spec changing)

Werner, you are really pushing by buttons here.

Remember this email when I resigned from DeviceMap:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/devicemap-dev/201504.mbox/%3CCAKuYhJsPzCQsS7YrEbsRtFDbGcDsC5zEozakQwJKrOcwZrnCow%40mail.gmail.com%3E

That agreement I keep on mentioning was the reason I decided to stay here
and work on 2.0.

Just a reminder that the agreement was that me and you would work on
different parts of this project and that we stay out of each others way. So
please do me a favor stop engaging on my work.

Im so very close to leaving this project and moving my work somewhere else
where I can work without your constant comments, interruptions, and
attacks. This has been going on for 2 years. You are like a never ending
nightmare...

Re: Partition agreement (was: FYI... 2.0 attribute spec changing)

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Look at other mailing lists and projects, e.g. Tamaya Incubator.
There are a lot of participants with sometimes strong views on certain
things.

A few aspects of API design were changed one way or the other. In a few
cases single-handedly by just one or the other committer (like you
constantly try to push things without asking others;-) Nevertheless you
won't find a single personal attack or foul-mouthing there.

There must be a reason, Tamaya proposer Anatole was recently elected Star
Spec Lead by the JCP for his archivements there.
Something you (Reza) will never archive the way you keep behaving.

Re: Partition agreement (was: FYI... 2.0 attribute spec changing)

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Reza,

You're still the same selfish kid as before. Or some "Pop stars" who are
constantly on their last tour before ending their career;-)

And still play the same egomania trip instead of working as a team.
Everyone else does, people help where they can. So stop distracting the
project, then it may be more succesful than if you just keep shouting
around for no reason.

I got 4 different talks accepted for ApacheCon Europe after a DeviceMap
session last year. The community and those reviewing session proposals
appreciate what I have to talk about. And I'm speaking about ALL of
DeviceMap, not just the Simple DDR impementation or the Classifier(s).
Everyone who cared provided input on the proposal, at least Bertrand also
gave feedback on certain parts. I don't recall you actually did, but I
quoted the Wiki in a representative way.

You accepted suggestions like sticking to established terms like "model",
"vendor", etc. Nobody asks to take every suggestion, but just stop the
pathetic FUD, noise, and Djihadist behavior, that would save all of us
having to listen to this crap and you (at least a bit) of a better person.

Cheers,
Werner

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
Ignore Reza's comments and continous expressions of a bad temper....

Areas like "examples" were confirmed to be of public interest (and only one
PMC member/committer bothered to make them work ever since) and not the
"WURFL walled garden" certain folders are considered to be.

We discussed /whiteboard, and in reality if you look at what some of you at
Sling do, a single effort by a single committer to show others what he
thinks may improve the project should never have started under
/trunk/2.0/... but /whiteboard/rezan like you do at Sling.

Werner

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

[1] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/devicemap-dev/201504.mbox/%3CCAKuYhJsPzCQsS7YrEbsRtFDbGcDsC5zEozakQwJKrOcwZrnCow%40mail.gmail.com%3E