Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ugo Matrangolo <ug...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/24 17:02:24 UTC

I'm in the process to move our organization search infrastructure to
SOLR4/SolrCloud. One of the main point is to centralize our cores
configuration in Zookeeper in order to roll out changes wout redeploying
all the nodes in our cluster.

Unfortunately I have some code (custom indexers extending
org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.EntityProcessorBase) that are assuming
to load resources from the filesystem and this is now a problem given that
everything under solr.home/core/conf is hosted in Zookeeper.

My question is : what is the best way to load a resource from Zookeeper
using SOLR APIs ??

Regards,
Ugo

Re: Loading resources from Zookeeper

Posted by Alan Woodward <al...@flax.co.uk>.
Hi Ugo,

You can load things from the conf/ directory via SolrResourceLoader, which will load either from the filesystem or from zookeeper, depending on whether or not you're running in SolrCloud mode.

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk