Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org> on 2013/05/28 12:11:48 UTC

NicSecondaryIp

There is a ControlledEntity named NicSecondaryIp that is representing
a nic on the VM. The APIs that this entity is acted upon by are :

addIpToNic and removeIpFromNic.

Should this entity be more appropriately be renamed to just Nic? There
is also a NicIpAlias entity that seems to fit this too.

--
Prasanna.,

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

Re: NicSecondaryIp

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
Thanks Chiradeep, to provide some context I'm trying to derive the
right entities that an API acts on. I'm deriving these from the
response types, exposing them from API discovery and building Marvin
classes.

For most of the CloudStack API model I'm able to generate logical
groupings of the APIs into entities. That's where the NicSecondaryIp
failed.

While I don't want to affect the server side model too much, I'll try
and put in transformations for entities like this on marvin's side.

Thanks,

--
Prasanna.,

Powered by BigRock.com