Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Cyriaque Dupoirieux <cy...@pco-innovation.com> on 2009/12/21 16:26:06 UTC

Dispatcher problem with forrest seed

Hi,

I don't succeed to generate the basic forrest seed with the dispatcher.
I get the following errors :
* [7/56]    [3/35]    10.86s 10.2Kb  samples-b/usemap.html
X [0]                                     themes/images/round
The attribute "transform" of the element <g> is invalid
* [10/55]   [2/34]    1.563s 10.4Kb  samples-b/faq.html
X [0]                                     themes/images/round
The attribute "transform" of the element <g> is invalid
* [12/56]   [3/22]    1.281s 7.8Kb   samples-a/index.html

or :

* [62/48]   [0/0]     0.313s 2.0Kb   samples-c/index.dispatcher.css
[Fatal Error] :6:25: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.
X [0]                                     samples-b/svg.pdf     BROKEN:
Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.
[Fatal Error] :6:25: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.
X [0]                                     samples-b/no-dtd.pdf  BROKEN:
Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.
* [67/43]   [0/0]     0.11s  5.1Kb   themes/common.css

I want to be back in the forrest development, so if someone could help ;)

Salutations,
Cyriaque,

Re: Dispatcher problem with forrest seed

Posted by Brian M Dube <bd...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 04:26:06PM +0100, Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't succeed to generate the basic forrest seed with the dispatcher.
> I get the following errors :
> * [7/56]    [3/35]    10.86s 10.2Kb  samples-b/usemap.html
> X [0]                                     themes/images/round
> The attribute "transform" of the element <g> is invalid
> * [10/55]   [2/34]    1.563s 10.4Kb  samples-b/faq.html
> X [0]                                     themes/images/round
> The attribute "transform" of the element <g> is invalid
> * [12/56]   [3/22]    1.281s 7.8Kb   samples-a/index.html

Whitespace was added to the stylesheet in various places in
r808385. Some of the affected lines involved whitespace-sensitive
parts of the stylesheet. I changed it locally and had successful tests
with Java 1.5 and 1.6.

> or :
>
> * [62/48]   [0/0]     0.313s 2.0Kb   samples-c/index.dispatcher.css
> [Fatal Error] :6:25: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.
> X [0]                                     samples-b/svg.pdf     BROKEN:
> Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.
> [Fatal Error] :6:25: Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.
> X [0]                                     samples-b/no-dtd.pdf  BROKEN:
> Invalid byte 2 of 3-byte UTF-8 sequence.
> * [67/43]   [0/0]     0.11s  5.1Kb   themes/common.css

I did not see these errors.

> I want to be back in the forrest development, so if someone could
> help ;)

Welcome back.

Brian

Posted by Brian M Dube <bd...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 10:14:43AM +0100, Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
> le 24/12/2009 06:28 Brian M Dube a écrit :

> >> I just tried a fresh seed site, and no such problems here
> >> (Macintosh with either java-1.5 or 1.4.2).
> >>
> > I've rebuilt and I see the same issue on Linux with OpenJDK 1.6.0.
> >
> You have the same configuration than I. I also have a JDK 1.6 It may be
> the problem.
> I set the build.compiler.vm=1.5 in my forrest.properties but the problem
> remains.

I don't think it's related to Java 1.6. See my other reply to your
Posted by Cyriaque Dupoirieux <cy...@pco-innovation.com>.
le 24/12/2009 06:28 Brian M Dube a écrit :
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 05:14:00PM +1100, David Crossley wrote:
>
>> Cyriaque Dupoirieux wrote:
>>
>>> I don't succeed to generate the basic forrest seed with the dispatcher.
>>>
>> I just tried a fresh seed site, and no such problems here
>> (Macintosh with either java-1.5 or 1.4.2).
>>
> I've rebuilt and I see the same issue on Linux with OpenJDK 1.6.0.

You have the same configuration than I. I also have a JDK 1.6 It may be
the problem.
I set the build.compiler.vm=1.5 in my forrest.properties but the problem
remains.

>> Also the forrestbot on the zone server is not reporting such problems
>> (Solaris 10 with java-1.4.2).
>>
> That is odd. I thought I had rebuilt when I first read Cyriaque's
> report, but I'm sure that I have three times now. I'll step back in
> svn until I build cleanly again, but probably not tonight.

I have also done this, error messages are still there.

>> Oh, have you re-built Forrest in 'main' after the merge
>> of the Dispatcher branch recently? See mail here around
>> December 2 to December 5.
>>
>> -David
>>
> This last bit doesn't belong in this thread, but I noticed it while
> looking into this issue and I'm being lazy. The icon-b.png
> error. Maybe not everyone experiences it, but I believe it has been
> brought up before. While looking at the issue of this thread, I
> noticed build/images/icon-b.png, while the rest of the build is under
> build/site. Surely that's the cause of the NullPointer(FileNotFound)
> exception that Java throws, but there's a larger problem involved. We
> cannot, must not, may not *write* in the filesystem outside the
> expected target. I think this issue has been raised in the past.
> I'll try to look into it; this is merely the lazy documentation
> of what I've found.

This is weird, the /site/samples-b/linking.html page shows the
icon-b.png in the example 5 (generated without the dispatcher)
I think we should change the name of every images used in these examples
(like 1, 2, 3 and so on.) to be able to find more quickly the problem.
In the list, 3 examples use the icon-a.png...

I think this error is old,

Happy Christmas, and read you next year...

Salutations,
Cyriaque

Posted by Brian M Dube <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Gav..." <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.

Note that the zone is NOT using dispatcher, it tries to and fails to
load the dispatcher plugin, but continues on to an otherwise successful
build and deploys an ordinary non-dispatcher version of the site.

Either fixing the issues for java 1.4 or upgrading the zone to use 1.5 or
1.6 is the solution.

Gav...

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Brian M Dube <bd...@apache.org>.