Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com> on 2007/11/22 20:55:56 UTC

Implementing XML Schema 1.1 in Xerces

Hi all,

I've posted some of my initial thoughts on the Wiki [1].

Given our past experiences (e.g. doing JAXP 1.3 dev on the trunk made it
hard to have any releases until it was done) and that we're probably going
to be destabilizing the codebase somewhat I suggest we create a new branch
for XML Schema 1.1 development. We could do preview releases off of that
branch to let folks try out the new features while continuing to have bug
fix releases from the trunk. Once the implementation is stable / complete
and Schema 1.1 has gone to REC we could then merge the code back onto the
trunk and then have a formal release with Schema 1.1 support.

Sound good?

Thanks.

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/xerces/Xerces-J:_XML_Schema_1.1_Design_Thoughts

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

Re: Implementing XML Schema 1.1 in Xerces

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Great, I see you've already created the branch. Lets try to keep it in
synch with the trunk (with respect to changes / bug fixes in the schema
support) to make the merge we do later less tedious.

Thanks.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab