Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by jinzhuan <ji...@wacai.com> on 2016/10/19 03:04:02 UTC

problem with index

I have a running phoenix table with index.

when too much data write in the same time, index write can not catch up, finally cause a regionserver down.

Then I dropped index, and restart region server.

Here comes the problem:
regionserver will recover edits, and found index data, it tried to replay these index writes,
but since index is dropped, it can not replay updates, a dead loop.

May be replay log can be improved to handle case that index table is gone?

jinzhuan