Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Styduhar, Chris" <Ch...@LibertyMutual.com> on 2004/08/30 21:16:09 UTC

Less-than reserved character sanity check...

I have an XML file which needs to have a "<" (less than) character in a
data field.  I have put the less-than character in the XML as "&lt;"
which is how I've always done it.  However - after Xerces parses the
document, the string is transformed into "lt;"... and the rest of my
software doesn't handle that.  Have I lost my mind?  How am I supposed
to encode greater than and less than symbols?

Thanks,

Chris