Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org> on 2000/11/29 10:40:00 UTC

Re: On voting rules (was Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/lib - New directory)

At 09:09  29/11/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Where exactly can I find something about degrading a -1 to -0? I don't
>read this at all out of the description of -1 votes.

It is not a degrade as such. He gave a reason for -1 and I provided a
solution that would solve the problem he had with it. He proposed another
problem and I have provided a solution to that. If he has any more issue
with it then we will continue this dance. If it gets to the point that
either I give up or the only reasons remaining are religious then we stop.
If the only reasons are religious then they are effectively "no
explanation". I have been slammed a number of times in the past for using
purely religious arguments - as a consequence I now only argue if there is
some logic behind it ;) "no explanation" is covered by Apache rules.

>PS: In the nine months I've been following Ant development I've never
>seen a -1 ignored or overruled and I really really hope this is never
>going to happen.

As I said above it is neither ignored or overruled.

Cheers,

Pete