Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Hrishikesh Kumar <Hr...@caritor.com> on 2004/08/24 06:06:19 UTC

Re: need urgent help

Please go to the website http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/user-guide.html and
search for

   Service Styles - RPC, Document, Wrapped, and Message

and use the explanation given for the message style.

Thanks,
Hrishikesh.

             "Rajendra"
             <rajens@mahindrab
             t.com>                                                     To
                                       <ax...@ws.apache.org>
             08/24/2004 09:44                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       need urgent help
             Please respond to
             axis-user@ws.apac
                  he.org

Hi All,
 Im using message style. Im able to get the request from the xml file which
im passing from client.
 Now I want to send the response back to client.
 Can some give some pointers on how to add response into the SOAP Body
so that I can pass the my own xml or modified xml back to the client.

 Follows the web service method that is receiving request from the client
and suppose to send back the response.It's sending back the simple response
as follows. Now I trying to add my xml into the response body but without
any success.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
xmln
s:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSc
hema-instance">
 <soapenv:Body><ns1:response
xmlns:ns1="http://localhost:8080/axis/services/anyt
hingGoes"/> </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

 public Document method(Document request) throws
ParserConfigurationException {
    System.out.println("Document Updated = "+request.toString());

             Document response = newDocument();

             Element elem = response.createElementNS(namespace,
"response");
             response.appendChild(elem);

      I im trying to attach my xml somewhere here and send it back to the
client.

             System.out.println("Here comes  the
Request=="+getSOAPRequestText(request));
  }
    return response;
  }

  private Document newDocument() throws ParserConfigurationException {
    DocumentBuilderFactory documentBuilderFactory =
DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();
    DocumentBuilder documentBuilder =
documentBuilderFactory.newDocumentBuilder();
    return documentBuilder.newDocument();
  }

  public String getSOAPRequestText (Document doc) {
             StringBuffer XMLText = new StringBuffer();
             XMLText.append("<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\"
?>\r\n");
             Element e = doc.getDocumentElement();
             XMLText.append(getElementAsText(e));
             return XMLText.toString();
    }

    private StringBuffer getElementAsText(Element element) {
        StringBuffer elementText = new StringBuffer();
        if (element == null)
            return elementText;

        //Author name of the element.
        elementText.append("<"+element.getTagName());

        //Author attributes.
        NamedNodeMap attributes = element.getAttributes();
        int attCount = attributes.getLength();
        for (int j = 0; j<attCount; j++) {
            elementText.append(" "+attributes.item(j).getNodeName()+"=\"");
            elementText.append(attributes.item(j).getNodeValue()+"\"");
        }//for

        // Author the namespace node.
        if (element.getNamespaceURI()!=null) {
            elementText.append(" ");
            elementText.append("xmlns");
            if (element.getPrefix()!=null) {
                elementText.append(":");
                elementText.append(element.getPrefix());
            }//if
            elementText.append("=\"");
            elementText.append(element.getNamespaceURI());
            elementText.append("\" ");
        }

        elementText.append(">");

        //Author child nodes.
        for (int i=0;i<element.getChildNodes().getLength();i++) {
            Node child = element.getChildNodes().item(i);
            if (child.getNodeType() == Node.ELEMENT_NODE)
elementText.append(getElementAsText((Element)child));
            if (child.getNodeType() == Node.TEXT_NODE)
elementText.append(child.getNodeValue());
            // Process other types of child nodes if required.
        }//for

        elementText.append("</"+element.getTagName()+">");
        return elementText;
    }//getElementAsText

 Thanks in advance,
 Rajendra.

Disclaimer:

is strictly prohibited.

Visit us at http://www.mahindrabt.com

RE: need urgent help

Posted by Rajendra <ra...@mahindrabt.com>.
Thx it's working fine now.
Im using this method "public Document method(Document body)"
regards,
Raj.

RE: need urgent help