Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sergey Bartunov <sb...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/22 18:07:50 UTC

How to index long words with StandardTokenizerFactory?

I'm trying to force solr to index words which length is more than 255
symbols (this constant is DEFAULT_MAX_TOKEN_LENGTH in lucene
StandardAnalyzer.java) using StandardTokenizerFactory as 'filter' tag
in schema configuration XML. Specifying the maxTokenLength attribute
won't work.

I'd tried to make the dirty hack: I downloaded lucene-core-2.9.3 src
and changed the DEFAULT_MAX_TOKEN_LENGTH to 1000000, built it to jar
and replaced original lucene-core jar in solr /lib. But seems like
that it had bring no effect.

Re: How to index long words with StandardTokenizerFactory?

Posted by Sergey Bartunov <sb...@gmail.com>.
This is exactly what I did. Look:

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Sergey Bartunov <sb...@gmail.com>.
Yes. I did. Won't help.

Posted by Ahmet Arslan <io...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Sergey Bartunov <sb...@gmail.com>.
Here are all the files: http://rghost.net/3016862

1) StandardAnalyzer.java, StandardTokenizer.java - patched files from
lucene-2.9.3
2) I patch these files and build lucene by typing "ant"
3) I replace lucene-core-2.9.3.jar in solr/lib/ by my
lucene-core-2.9.3-dev.jar that I'd just compiled
4) than I do "ant compile" and "ant dist" in solr folder
5) after that I recompile solr/example/webapps/solr.war with my new

Posted by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Hi Sergey,

Posted by Sergey Bartunov <sb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Hi Sergey,

Posted by Sergey Bartunov <sb...@gmail.com>.
Look at the scheme.xml that I provided. I use my own "text_block" type
which is derived from "TextField". And I force using
StandardTokenizerFactory using tokenizer tag.

If I use StrField type there are no problems with big data indexing.
The problem is in the tokenizer.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.