Posted to builds@apache.org by Phil Harvey <ph...@googlemail.com> on 2012/10/25 10:54:31 UTC

Qpid Jenkins job running slowly

Hi,

The following Jenkins job has been consistently failing for the past couple
of weeks,

https://builds.apache.org//view/M-R/view/Qpid/job/Qpid-Java-Java-DBY-TestMatrix/

I believe this is because the job is running very slowly therefore our unit
tests are timing out.  Tests are now taking four times as long to run.
I've tried checking out the svn version of the project corresponding to the
last point when it was consistently succeeding, and found that the tests
run quickly and successfully with both that old version and the head of
trunk.

I checked which nodes (eg ubuntu1..5) the failures occurred on, and can't
see any pattern.  I've definitely seen failures on ubuntu1, 2, 4, and 5.

Therefore I believe that this problem is caused by something
environmental.

Is there any investigation you can do diagnose what is going wrong?

Thanks
Phil