Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Christophe Hamerling - EBM WebSourcing <ch...@ebmwebsourcing.com> on 2007/03/02 15:41:27 UTC

Testing the release plugin

Hi all,

I need to use the release plugin but I want to test it before really use
it for release.
How can I do to NOT modify my svn trunk files. Is it better to work on a
branch?

Thanks

Christophe Hamerling

Re: Testing the release plugin

Posted by Thorsten Heit <th...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

> If it modifies nothing in SVN it is what I am looking for !

AFAIK it doesn't change anything in your repository.

> Are you sure ?

I already tested it with our CVS repo, yes.

Thorsten

Re: Testing the release plugin

Posted by Christophe Hamerling - EBM WebSourcing <ch...@ebmwebsourcing.com>.
Hi,

If it modifies nothing in SVN it is what I am looking for !
Are you sure ?

Thanks

Thorsten Heit a �crit :

Posted by Thorsten Heit <th...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

> When I use the dryRun option, it seems to work fine.  But then if I try
> to use the standard release:prepare after a dry run, maven tells me that
> the prepare step is finished and does not tag my release.  Is this a
> bug?

I haven't used the release plugin a lot, but as far as I have seen the plugin creates a file that contains information that will be used later when you perform the release. In that case you can clean up after the preparation by executing "mvn release:clean"

(see also http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-release-plugin/)

> If I set resume to "false" then the prepare step starts over and
> everything works ok.  The problem that I'm having now, is that the
> default scm url for my tag is not what I want, and I would like to be
> able to change it manually after the using dry run option.

Sorry, don't know about this...
Perhaps there's more to be found at the above URL or in the wiki at http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Home

HTH

Thorsten

Re: Testing the release plugin

Posted by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com>.
Some additional info, I'm using an svn repository, and maven 2.0.5

Thanks!

Posted by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Thorsten Heit <th...@gmx.de>.
Hi Christophe,