Posted to community@apache.org by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> on 2002/12/21 14:03:58 UTC

Wiki Wiki (has been set up)

If you to wiki go here:

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/

If you do not don't go here:

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki

If you do not yet know the joy of a wiki go here:

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApacheWiki

If your chief issue with the wiki is that it is in PERL go here:

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?AndrewCOliver

And regardless..

Have a nice period of time starting from now,

-Andy

Re: Wiki Wiki (has been set up)

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Danny Angus wrote:

>>Cool supply a patch and I shall apply it with due haste.
>>

>In Apachewiki terms that'll be by yesterday then, have-a-cigar for this
>effort Andy. :-)

Thanks.  Looks like it was 5 minutes well spent.  Thanks to Pier too
(whom configured httpd).

I think Pier gets my award
(http://www.freeroller.net/page/acoliver/20021211#unsung_hero_of_the_revolution)
next month.  For all the b*tch slaps he gets, he rarely gets accords.

I'm very pleased at the rate the wiki is progressing.  I've never seen
so much content generated so fast.  While its mostly stubs right now, at
the current momentum by next week we'll have nearly as much doco on the
wiki than the main site!  Good job everyone!
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?RecentChanges

Thanks,

Andy

RE: Wiki Wiki (has been set up)

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@apache.org>.

Re: Wiki Wiki (has been set up)

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.

>I've downloaded the source code, and will have a look see next week.  There
>appears to be some sort of database format, so perhaps I can add a field to
>the page record as a quick hack.  I'm not much of a Perl coder, so if anyone
>IS a serious Perl coder, I'll bet that they could hack it in posthaste.

Sure.  And I'll apply it.  I avoid coding in PERL when I can.  It puts
me in a bad mood and I have to wipe the camel poo off of my shoe.
 However, sometimes its the right tool for the job.  (one uses manure to
fertilize the garden...so even crap has its place right?)

-Andy

RE: Wiki Wiki (has been set up)

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Andrew,

There is already some sort of e-mail notification capability built into the
Wiki, although there seems to be some question over its usefulness on the
UseMod wiki site.  But that at least provides us with a starting point.

Re: Wiki Wiki (has been set up)

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>Andrew,
>
>Hallalujah!  I have been asking about a Wiki on and off for months, and was
>told as recently as a week ago that there were security reasons for not yet
>having one.  Kudos for just getting this done!

I have security tested this wiki and its been running in multiple
installations on my server.  Besides this, it isn't any more dangerous
or priviledged than bugzilla. (and less so probably because bugzilla is
names such not because of its function but because it is a giant bug
with bug reporting features)...

>I am not familar with the code of this particular Wiki engine.  What would
>it take to attach an optional mailing list attribute to a page so that when
>the page is edited, a notice can be driven to the mailing list?  Or so that
>a daily/weekly report could be generated containing that info?

I do not know.  http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApacheWiki
lists everything I know.  However there is this:
"
$UseEmailNotify = 0;       # 1 = allow email notification,     0 = don't
$NotifyDefault  = 0;       # Default for email notify checkbox on Edit page.
$EmailFrom      = "Wiki";  # Text for "From: " field of email notes.
                           # (But Reply-to; is set to same as To: anyway.)
$SendMail       = "/usr/sbin/sendmail"; # Full path to sendmail executable
"
configuration information in "config".  If you wish to research it and
supply a patch please look here:
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ApacheWiki and follow the
instructions.

RE: Wiki Wiki (has been set up)