Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Anirudh Jayakumar <ja...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/09 18:41:38 UTC

KafkaUtilsTest fail with strom-0.9.5

Hi Strom-users,

I downloaded the source tar - apache-storm-0.9.5-src.tar.gz from the
website and was able to successfully build the code by skipping the tests (mvn
clean install -DskipTests=true).

When I try to build the code and run the tests, storm.kafka.KafkaUtilsTest
fails. (mvn clean install)

Here is the snippet of the error.

generateTuplesWithKeyAndKeyValueScheme(storm.kafka.KafkaUtilsTest): Error
fetching data from [Partition{host=localhost:51007, partition=0}] for topic
[testTopic]: [OFFSET_OUT_OF_RANGE]

The complete log is here  http://pastebin.com/snbZTKsC

Strom Version: 0.9.5
OS. Scientific Linux release 6.6 (Carbon)
Java version: 1.6.0_45

Any insight is appreciated!

Thanks,
Anirudh

Re: KafkaUtilsTest fail with strom-0.9.5

Posted by Anirudh Jayakumar <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Morgan. Upgrading java to 1.7.0_85 did the trick.

-Anirudh

Posted by Morgan W09 <mo...@gmail.com>.