Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by sepoto <se...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/07 05:20:10 UTC

A development environment.

Dear All,

   I have recently taken up a project in which I am going to be using a web
service provided to me by an ERP company. The ERP company provides their
WSDL to me and is recommending that I use AXIS to talk to the WSDL they
provide. So I have begun setting up my development environment. My OS at
this time is Fedora 16 although I am open to suggestions on which would be
the easiest to set up a development server with AXIS. Does anyone know the
process of which packages need to be installed on Fedora 16 for this type
project? Is Tomcat a necessary part of the installation? Does anyone have
steps needed to install a development server on Fedora 16?

Re: A development environment.

Posted by Simone Maletta <si...@alice.it>.
Hi,
     something important is needed to fix: the WSDL is an interface
decribes you callable methods and the way you could call them.
Usually a service is called using HTTP/SOAP then AXIS isn't needed to
talk to it, you should use every technology you could thing about.
Why you need AXIS? You need it to create a stub or to create usefull
client-side classes?
Knowing your needs is important to give you any suggestion.