Posted to phoenix-dev@avalon.apache.org by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org> on 2002/06/20 01:29:56 UTC

Re: application is NULL

On Wednesday 19 June 2002 03:53 pm, bp@dankseeds.org wrote:
> > I don't know reason of NPE at this time.
> > I try PhoenixServlet in current cvs. It is not works. Installtion is very
> > difficult.
> > Current SingleAppEmbeddor and PhoenixServlet are broken.
>
> Not any more ;) check this:
>
> In the PhoenixServlet init() the Thread that you assigned to the embeddor
> doesn't have a chance to get the Application setup properly before it is
> used. Thus i just dropped in a 'Thread.sleep(1000)' and gave it a second to
> get setup properly. This seems to be a logical fix. Any comments ot the
> contrary ? Im guessing this should go on the avalon-dev list also since it
> involves internal code.

eh, this is avalon-apps-dev, it should do, but I'll crosspost to
avalon-phoenix-dev.

good work! you figured it out before i had a chance to look at it. If you
want to send a patch, that would be superb. It might be good to make the
sleep time configurable.
-pete

--
peter royal -> proyal@apache.org

Re: application is NULL

Posted by Peter Royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Thursday 20 June 2002 07:11 pm, bp@dankseeds.org wrote:
> > good work! you figured it out before i had a chance to look at it. If you
> > want to send a patch, that would be superb. It might be good to make the
> > sleep time configurable.
> > -pete
>
> sure thing. when you say "patch", do you mean a diff of the source, or do
> you want me to check out a copy and update the cvs ?

A diff of the source.

One way is to check out a copy of the CVS, make your change and then do
cvs diff -u

to generate a patch that can be put in bugzilla or sent to the mailing list
-pete

--

Posted by bp...@dankseeds.org.
> eh, this is avalon-apps-dev, it should do, but I'll crosspost to
> avalon-phoenix-dev.

yeah that's what i meant, avalon-phoenix-dev.

> good work! you figured it out before i had a chance to look at it. If you
> want to send a patch, that would be superb. It might be good to make the
> sleep time configurable.
> -pete

sure thing. when you say "patch", do you mean a diff of the source, or do you want
me to check out a copy and update the cvs ?

i'll be out of town the rest of the week so i'll fix this monday unless someone has
already done it.

							BP