Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Sam Ruby <ru...@us.ibm.com> on 2002/01/30 18:31:05 UTC

Re: apache/axis interop client and capeconnect : ArrayOfSOAPStruct

I've applied the fix to Apache SOAP 2.x, you should see the results in the
next run.  We are looking into a similar fix for Axis.

Thanks!

- Sam Ruby

"Edoardo Comar" <ed...@capeclear.com> on 01/30/2002 12:21:31 PM

To:    <so...@yahoogroups.com>
cc:    Sam Ruby/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
Subject:    apache/axis interop client and capeconnect : ArrayOfSOAPStruct

Hi

Looking at http://www.apache.org/~rubys/ApacheClientInterop.html#6-soap

I noticed the fault when invoking echoStructArray on
interop.capeclear.com.

Capeconnect sends back :

xmlns:cc1="http://soapinterop.org/xsd"
<return xsi:type="cc1:ArrayOfSOAPStruct"
SOAP-ENC:arrayType="cc1:SOAPStruct[3]">

The ArrayOfSOAPStruct type is defined in the wsdl file
http://www.whitemesa.com/interop/InteropTest.wsdl

If I just make it known to the apache client by adding the mapping for
arraySer to ArrayOfSOAPStruct :

        smr.mapTypes(Constants.NS_URI_SOAP_ENC,
                     new QName(OBJECT_URI, "ArrayOfSOAPStruct"),
                     Data[].class, arraySer, arraySer);

Then the response is happily accepted by the client (and we get complete
interoperability).

Let me know if the client can be updated.

Regards,
Edo

---
Edoardo Comar
Cape Clear Software
Edoardo.Comar@capeclear.com  http://www.capeclear.com

*** Download the NEW CapeConnect Three ***
*** <http://www.capeclear.com/download> ***