Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "sahil garg -X (sahigarg - Altran ACT S.A.S at Cisco)" <sa...@cisco.com.INVALID> on 2022/02/14 09:45:29 UTC

[Axis] - QUERY regarding the Axis2 1.7.9

Hi Axis Team,

For one of our product we are have generated java source code using the axis-1 lib. Later on we have moved to axis-2 1.3 version.

Which was working properly with Generated java file and the generated java files where compiling as expected. However when we upgraded to axis-2 1.7.9 version

We got the below error.

Error:

    [javac] [PATH]/NotificationService/src-gen/com/microsoft/schemas/exchange/services/_2006/messages/SendNotificationResult.java:92: error: package org.apache.axis2.databinding.utils.writer does not exist

    [javac]         org.apache.axis2.databinding.utils.writer.MTOMAwareXMLStreamWriter xmlWriter)

Root Cause:

we are getting the above compatibility issue since axis-2 1.7.9 does not have the required classes

We request your help if you can guide us in how we can reverse the wsdl2java process, so that the get wsdl again from the generated java file using the older axis2 lib.

Or any other alternate solution to the above dependency which we can directly make changes to the generated java file and make it compatible with axis-2 1.7.9 without loosing current functionality.

Regards,

Sahil Garg

Re: [Axis] - QUERY regarding the Axis2 1.7.9

Posted by robertlazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.
The latest release is 1.8.0.

I took a quick look around ... see the commit below for the full details.

Best I can tell, it seems like what you are looking for is
org.apache.axiom.util.stax.XMLStreamWriterUtils.writeDataHandler() .

commit 4459e012b78572ffa04bd1000461d479bcc553fa
Author: Andreas Veithen <ve...@apache.org>
Date:   Mon Jul 20 17:50:58 2009 +0000

    ADB: Removed the MTOMAwareXMLStreamWriter interface and changed the
code (generation) to use the proper extension interface in Axiom.

Posted by Andreas Veithen-Knowles <an...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 9:45 AM sahil garg -X (sahigarg - Altran ACT S.A.S
at Cisco) <sa...@cisco.com.invalid> wrote:

> Hi Axis Team,
>

> For one of our product we are have generated java source code using the axis-1 lib. Later on we have moved to axis-2 1.3 version.
>
> Which was working properly with Generated java file and the generated java files where compiling as expected. However when we upgraded to axis-2 1.7.9 version
>
> We got the below error.
>

> Error:
>
>     [javac] [PATH]/NotificationService/src-gen/com/microsoft/schemas/exchange/services/_2006/messages/SendNotificationResult.java:92: error: package org.apache.axis2.databinding.utils.writer does not exist
>
>     [javac]         org.apache.axis2.databinding.utils.writer.MTOMAwareXMLStreamWriter xmlWriter)
>

> Root Cause:
>
> we are getting the above compatibility issue since axis-2 1.7.9 does not have the required classes
>

> We request your help if you can guide us in how we can reverse the wsdl2java process, so that the get wsdl again from the generated java file using the older axis2 lib.

The package name indicates that it's a client for some Microsoft Exchange
Web service. The WSDL for that service should be publically available, or
you should be able to get it from an actual Exchange server. There is no
need to reverse engineer the WSDL from the generated code.