Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Michael Lambert <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/22 21:03:36 UTC

restful client support using get

I cannot find a decent example of how to write a REST client using Axis2
and a simple GET statement. Can someone please provide an example or
point me to appropriate documentation. The only example I have found i
uses POST and that doesnt even seem to work (there isnt an empty
constructor for the Call  object provided in the sample):

    http://ws.apache.org/axis2/0_94/rest-ws.html

I am trying to interface with Googles Geocode API :-/

Thank you!

Re: restful client support using get

Posted by Philipp Leitner <ph...@gmx.at>.
With the help of this list I once came up with a client like this:

Options op = new Options();
op.setTo(new EndpointReference(endpoint));
op.setProperty(Constants.Configuration.ENABLE_REST,
   Constants.VALUE_TRUE);
op.setProperty (Constants.Configuration.HTTP_METHOD,
   Constants.Configuration.HTTP_METHOD_GET);
op.setProperty(Constants.Configuration.CONTENT_TYPE,
   HTTPConstants.MEDIA_TYPE_TEXT_XML);
ServiceClient sender = new ServiceClient();
sender.setOptions(op);
OMElement response = sender.sendReceive(null);
   // if there's a NPE at that line you
   // may need to send some dummy AXIOM object
   // instead of null

'endpoint' is a string that contains the URI that you want to retrieve,
including all request parameters and stuff. You need a recent version of
  Axis2 for that example to work.

Hope that helps.

/philipp