Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Sybrandy, Casey" <Ca...@Six3Systems.com> on 2015/02/19 19:22:26 UTC

Broker ID disappears in Zookeeper

Hello,

We're having the following issue with Kafka and/or Zookeeper:
If a broker (id=1) is running, and you start another broker with id=1, the new broker will exit saying "A broker is already registered on the path /brokers/ids/1". However, I noticed when I query zookeeper /brokers/ids/1 disappears
This behaviour doesn't make sense to us.  The concern is that if we accidentally start up multiple brokers with the same ID (automatic restarts), then we may end up with multiple brokers with the same ID running at the same time.

Thoughts?

Kafka: 0.8.2
Zookeeper: 3.4.5

Re: Broker ID disappears in Zookeeper

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@confluent.io>.
This is fixed in KAFKA-1971 and will be included in the 0.8.2.1 release.

Thanks,

Jun