Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net> on 2014/11/17 16:56:17 UTC

Difference between o.a.c.realm.PasswordStrategy and o.a.c.CredentialHandler

All, (mostly markt)

Is there a real difference between PasswordStrategy and
CredentialHandler? It appears the former is only used in RealmBase's
startInternal method... I think it's completely unused (and Eclipse
tells me that it is unused).

(I'm looking in trunk/9.0)

Is that just the remnants of various names/techniques we were playing
with when the whole CredentialHandler thing went in?

Thanks,
-chris

Re: Difference between o.a.c.realm.PasswordStrategy and o.a.c.CredentialHandler

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Konstantin,

>> All, (mostly markt)
>>
>> Is there a real difference between PasswordStrategy and
>> CredentialHandler? It appears the former is only used in RealmBase's
>> startInternal method... I think it's completely unused (and Eclipse
>> tells me that it is unused).
>>
>> (I'm looking in trunk/9.0)
>>
>> Is that just the remnants of various names/techniques we were playing
>> with when the whole CredentialHandler thing went in?
>
> I do not see any class named "PasswordStrategy".
>
> Searching tomcat.markmail.org I do not see it being mentioned anywhere
> except this your e-mail.

Duh. Local revision of course never committed to svn. I've cleaned it
out. Apologies for the noise.

Posted by Konstantin Kolinko <kn...@gmail.com>.
> All, (mostly markt)
>
> Is there a real difference between PasswordStrategy and
> CredentialHandler? It appears the former is only used in RealmBase's
> startInternal method... I think it's completely unused (and Eclipse
> tells me that it is unused).
>
> (I'm looking in trunk/9.0)
>
> Is that just the remnants of various names/techniques we were playing
> with when the whole CredentialHandler thing went in?

I do not see any class named "PasswordStrategy".

Searching tomcat.markmail.org I do not see it being mentioned anywhere
except this your e-mail.

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko