Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by pb...@wuerth-phoenix.com on 2002/05/23 15:54:37 UTC

How to use turbine without the security system!

Hello gentlemen,

we are starting a new project. We need to build a business to business
order processing application. For this we need to access a Object Oriented
database (Versant) trough an application server.

We need to bypass all the TurbineSecurity system.
Actually if we do not ask to turbine an authenticated user and we don't store
this user in the RunData object, turbine does not allow us to change the
template, it always bring us back to the Login Page.

I would also like to know if the session validation is affected!

in other words we'll need an howto for using turbine without using any
turbine table, turbine acl or turbine security!

Fabio Daprile

fabio.daprile@wuerth-phoenix.com

www.wuerth-phoenix.com

RE: How to use turbine without the security system!

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
Back again comes the ugly issue of Turbine's security being intertwined with
it's user object...  There have been multiple attempts to change Turbine's
security system, but they seem to run afoul of too many opinions..  My two
cents is that any security system is better then what is there, and maybe
multiple competing security systems and users would be best...

The old: User interface that has no methods and Security interface with no
methods/attributes..

I am able to use turbine to write apps with no security and users, make sure
your actions/screens are not inheriting from VelocitySecureScreen (sp?) etc.

Eric