Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Jinsong Hu <ji...@hotmail.com> on 2010/08/04 21:03:37 UTC

hive_hbase-handleer.jar

Hi, There:
  I took the latest code from the hive trunk and compiled it against cloudera CDH3 release of hbase/hadoop. I was able to get to the step
that I can create an external table successfully. but when I select * from the table, the hive CLI console just hangs and nothing happens.
I waited for a long time and it still goes that way. I wonder if anybody have gotten hive_hbase-handleer.jar to work.
  I understand that current hive_hbase-handleer.jar only works with hbase 0.20.3, I debugged the code and there is only some simple
change needed for it to compile against cloudera CDH3. I wonder if there is anything I can do to figure out why the select * doesn't work.

Jimmy.

Re: hive_hbase-handleer.jar

Posted by John Sichi <js...@facebook.com>.
Under the source for hive/hbase-handler/lib, delete the hbase-0.20.3 jars there, replace them with the jars matching your HBase version from CDH3, and then run ant package in hive.

JVS