Posted to commits@pig.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2008/06/25 20:50:32 UTC

[Pig Wiki] Update of "PigTutorial" by terrell

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Pig Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by terrell:
http://wiki.apache.org/pig/PigTutorial

   * Because the log file only contains queries for a single day, we are only interested in the hour. The excite query log timestamp format is YYMMDDHHMMSS. Call the !ExtractHour UDF to extract the hour (HH) from the time field.
  {{{
- houred = FOREACH clean3 GENERATE user, org.apache.pig.tutorial.ExtractHour(time) as hour, query;
+ houred = FOREACH clean2 GENERATE user, org.apache.pig.tutorial.ExtractHour(time) as hour, query;
  }}}

   * Call the N!GramGenerator UDF to compose the n-grams of the query.
@@ -214, +214 @@

   * Because the log file only contains queries for a single day, we are only interested in the hour. The excite query log timestamp format is YYMMDDHHMMSS. Call the !ExtractHour UDF to extract the hour from the time field.
  {{{