Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu> on 2002/12/01 02:13:07 UTC

Re: How to install mod_dav_svn on Windows?

Robo wrote:

>mod_dav.svn.so was the last item in the LoadModule list, so it would have
>been after mod_dav.so
>
>Gave a warning about module already loaded, then crash on starting when the
><Location> tag was added.

The only time I saw something similar was when I had two LoadModule
limes for mod_dav_svn.so or mod_dav.so.

Re: How to install mod_dav_svn on Windows?

Posted by Peter Davis <pe...@pdavis.cx>.

Re: How to install mod_dav_svn on Windows?

Posted by Nuutti Kotivuori <na...@iki.fi>.
Robo wrote:
> So I thought the if you want multiple repositories to be available
> online, you would have multiple <Location> tags with different
> SVNPath, given that you don't wanna use SVNParentPath.

I'm having a hard time following what you mean. So I'm answering just
to things what I think you might mean.

If you want to have multiple repositories on the web, you can use
separate <Location> tags with different SVNPaths to do it. But do note
that this means multiple _separate_ repositories. And the repositories
cannot be nested: one repository can't be inside another. You cannot
export a part of a repository - only the whole repository or nothing.

> So if I can only have one path to my repository, how do I control
> access for individual projects? 'cos with the current config, one
> user/pass allows the person to view the dirs of all the projects in
> my repository.

Well, right now if you want to control _read_ access to parts of your
repository - you can't. You need to make a separate repository for
each project. On the other hand, if you want to control _write_
access, you can do it by taking a look of the various commit
permission hooks provided with svn.

Hope this helps.

-- Naked

Re: How to install mod_dav_svn on Windows?

Posted by Nuutti Kotivuori <na...@iki.fi>.
Robo wrote:
> But now there's another problem, svn does not like it when I have
> the Location block like:

[...]

>   SVNPath "E:/svn/ath"

[...]

> The only way I've found so far to make it work is:

[...]

>   SVNPath "E:/svn"

[...]

> That allows me to access the ath repository, but of course that also
> exposes my other repositories, which I don't want.

You cannot export a sub-project of your repository that way - you have
only one path to your repository, and that path is the directory which
contains the subversion repository files, namely:

  -rw-r--r--    1 www-data www-data      376 Sep 28 00:45 README
  drwxr-xr-x    2 www-data www-data       48 Sep 28 00:45 conf
  drwxr-xr-x    2 www-data www-data      112 Nov 17 21:36 dav
  drwxr-xr-x    2 www-data www-data      424 Sep 28 00:45 db
  -rw-r--r--    1 www-data www-data        2 Sep 28 00:45 format
  drwxr-xr-x    2 www-data www-data      232 Sep 28 00:45 hooks
  drwxr-xr-x    2 www-data www-data       72 Sep 28 00:45 locks

I expect this to be "E:/svn" in your case, if the repository access
seems to work.

-- Naked

Re: How to install mod_dav_svn on Windows?

Posted by Robo <ro...@gmx.net>.
Got the problem solved now, had to change this line:

LoadModule dav_module modules/mod_dav_svn.so

to this:

LoadModule dav_svn_module modules/mod_dav_svn.so

Which would make sense...

But now there's another problem, svn does not like it when I have the
Location block like:

<Location "/svn/ath">
  DAV svn
  SVNPath "E:/svn/ath"

  AuthType Basic
  AuthName "Subversion repository"
  AuthUserFile "E:/htpasswd/password"

  Require valid-user
</Location>

Where ath is the repository I want to have access over the network. If I go
to http://localhost:8080/svn/ath I get a HTTP 500 Internal server error, if
I go to http://localhost:8080/svn/ath/ I get a message saying "Expected
version '1' of repository; found no version at all; is `E:/svn/ath' a valid
repository path?"

The only way I've found so far to make it work is:

<Location "/svn">
  DAV svn
  SVNPath "E:/svn"

  AuthType Basic
  AuthName "Subversion repository"
  AuthUserFile "E:/htpasswd/password"

  Require valid-user
</Location>

That allows me to access the ath repository, but of course that also exposes
my other repositories, which I don't want.

Robo