Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/01 03:27:56 UTC

Re: Best Solution to Parent POM Chicken & Egg Problem

On 9/30/05, Stephen Duncan <st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is the proper compromise to specify the team-wide repository in the
> Parent POM, and then specify the repository to get that POM in
> settings.xml?

That was what I was getting at. I will address Chris' concerns separately.

A better solution to the problem of propogating changes to all the
user's settings.xml is probably something we will look to address
separately and can currently be handled by using
$M2_HOME/conf/settings.xml and a shared maven installation (on a
network drive, from a cvs checkout, etc).

- Brett