Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jeremy Fairbrass <je...@fairbrass.co.nz> on 2008/05/08 15:32:38 UTC

triplets.txt

Hi, could someone kindly tell me what the file "triplets.txt" is used for, and if I need to have it in my rules directory or not?

Cheers,
Jeremy

Re: triplets.txt

Posted by Henrik K <he...@hege.li>.
On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 11:21:01AM -0400, Theo Van Dinter wrote:
> On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 08:16:29AM -0400, Matt Kettler wrote:
> > >Hi, could someone kindly tell me what the file "triplets.txt" is used
> > >for, and if I need to have it in my rules directory or not?
> >
> > It's used for the TextCat plugin (which provides the ok_languages
> > option). While you should have it in your rules directory, it won't
> > break anything if you've got TextCat disabled.
>
> Just to be more specific -- it needs to be in the default rules directory.
> You don't need it in the local state dir, site rules dir, user preferences
> dir, etc.
>
> If it's not there already, your install would seem to have some issues.

And what version are you talking about? I don't have triplets.txt in any of
my 3.2.4 installations.

There not a single mention of triplets.txt anywhere except
Plugins/HeaderEval.pm. And only in check_for_unique_subject_id function
that isn't even used.

TextCat references "languages" file in rules, not triplets.txt.

Re: triplets.txt

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Theo Van Dinter wrote:
> On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 08:16:29AM -0400, Matt Kettler wrote:
>
>>> Hi, could someone kindly tell me what the file "triplets.txt" is used
>>> for, and if I need to have it in my rules directory or not?
>>>
>> It's used for the TextCat plugin (which provides the ok_languages
>> option). While you should have it in your rules directory, it won't
>> break anything if you've got TextCat disabled.
>>

> Just to be more specific -- it needs to be in the default rules directory.
> You don't need it in the local state dir, site rules dir, user preferences
> dir, etc.
>
> If it's not there already, your install would seem to have some issues.

Theo,

It would appear that triplets.txt is not included with 3.2.4, and
probably isn't in any 3.2.x release.

Looking at the code, triplets.txt is still used by
HeaderEval.pm:word_is_in_dictionary(), which in turn is used in
HeaderEval.pm:check_for_unique_subject_id(). However, no rules in the
standard set utilize that eval in 3.2.4. It was used by SUBJ_HAS_UNIQ_ID
in 3.1.x, but that rule isn't present anymore in 3.2.4. It would appear
triplets.txt was removed because nothing is actually using it anymore,
however I would expect the eval functions using it should have been
removed at the same time.

After a bit more research, TextCat appears to actually use the
"languages" file instead of triplets.txt. (as far back as 2.50).

Re: triplets.txt

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"Remember the Unix philosophy: it's better to have two tools, each good

Re: triplets.txt

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.