Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Ian Marshall <ia...@itlhosting.co.uk> on 2014/06/19 20:40:40 UTC

Kemp load balancers

Hi

Can I use Kemp LM2600 for load balancing VMs in cloudstack.

I was looking to install Openstack but struggling so want to try cloudstack
but have these LBs as I require SSL offloading.

Regards
Ian

Re: Kemp load balancers

Posted by Carlos Reátegui <cr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ilya,
This should not be that hard to script either.  If you use one of the APIs (like CloudMonkey) to launch your VMs you can query to see what IP was assigned to the machine(s) and then communicate that to your LB using whatever API kemp has.
-Carlos

Re: Kemp load balancers

Posted by Shanker Balan <sh...@shapeblue.com>.
Comments inline.

Re: Kemp load balancers

Posted by Ian Marshall <ia...@itlhosting.co.uk>.
Hi Ilya

I might of not been specific enough in my original email, I want to use the
Kemps as load balancers/ssl termination for the VMs and not for the
Cloudstack system. Yes, it would be great to have them integrated into
Cloudstack like the Netscallers and F5 but I don't have the time and
resource to consider using my java development team to write a plugin at
this stage.

My plan based on my Openstack scenario, is the Kemps which are clustered
have VIPs set tot he front end web servers which are running on VMs inside
the cloud.

My setup is 2 management servers which would be running mariadb cluster and
two KVM hosts and a Dell EQLX SAN for running the VMs [to replicate the
'running VMs from SAN - block storage' in Openstack.

Is this workable and is there any potential issues with this setup?

regards
Ian

Regards
Ian