Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Frank Nestel <do...@bigfoot.com> on 2000/08/01 15:44:28 UTC

Validation Off with Xalan

Hi,

I just switched to Xalan 1.2D01 and immediately joined the discussion
:-)

I observe the following behaviour: I have a document with external
entitity
declarations but no element declarations in its DTD, when I use the
commandline
interface with the DTM-Liason I'm now flodded with errors about missing
element definitions. This was not the case with the previous version of
Xalan
I used (probably 1.1). This is also not the case with the Xerces-Liason.

Is it a bug, a feature or am I doing s.th. wrong?

A project of ours is going to run into performance problems, therefore,
think I should use DTM for speed. Can anybody tell me how big the
difference
is? Also memory efficency might be an issue...

Thank you very much,
Frank

BTW:
The bug reporting page does not even not work, it also only gets
to an error about an missing stylesheet with my Netscape...