Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Thompson <Da...@holistix.net> on 2000/12/19 21:22:08 UTC

Virtual Hosting (Apache + Tomcat + mod_jk)

I have two named virtual hosts in Apache using pretty much the common named
host example from the apache site. I have tomcat and mod_jk setup pretty
much as installed and working. Now, I really want Tomcat for only one of the
virtual hosts (I will run a second VM for the other virtual host if and when
needed). I think I need to create a location and use JKMounts and remove the
others, but this specifics are a little hard to come by. I have the "mount
copy" on, but I am not sure what my directory spec location should look like
(Absolute path to the where the virtual host is served from?). I am just not
sure what to put in my mod_jk.conf and/or tomcat conf to get this to work. I
only want this one running tomcat VM to serve JSP and servlets under the
document root of one of the virtual hosts. Any help is appreciated and
specifically:
1. Where is the FAQ for this list?
2. Where is an archive location for this list (number one I guess would
answer two)?
3. Just like Apache has the sample virtual host examples, does anyone know
where a simple Apache/Tomcat/Mod_jk example for named virtual hosting
exists? I think I saw it on this list a week or two ago but lost it.
thanks,
dt